- L’evento con la “E” maiuscola: ICMC, l’Italian cycle messenger championship (Milano, 2-3-4 maggio).
- Gilfoyle, That’s what the fuck I do (Silicon Valley, S01E02)
While you were busy minoring in gender studies and singing a capella at Sarah Lawrence, I was gaining root access to NSA servers. I was one click away from starting a second Iranian Revolution. I prevent cross-site scripting, I monitor for DDoS attacks, emergency database rollbacks and faulty transaction handlers. The Internet - heard of it? - transfers half a petabyte of data every minute. Do you have any idea how that happens? All those YouPorn 1s and 0s streaming directly to your shitty little smartphone day after day, every dipshit who shits his pants if he can’t get the new Skrillex dubstep remix in under 12 seconds? It’s not magic, it’s talent and sweat. People like me ensuring your packets get delivered un-sniffed. So what do I do? I make sure that one bad config on one key component doesn’t bankrupt the entire fucking company. That’s what the fuck I do.
- Inside Amy Schumer, The Foodroom: Amy Schumer+Aaron Sorkin+Burgers.
There was a time in this country when apples were for feeding horses, McDalmand’s was more than just a parking lot where people met to buy Ritalin, people weren’t obese, they were just fat, if you wanted an apple you’d have to eat a pie, that’s why I’m not going to give you what you ordered, today I’m going to give you 3800 calories of the greatest goddamn country in the world.
- La versione condensata della ricetta del country bread di Chad Robertson della Tartine Bakery, che nel suo libro è spiegata in 38 pagine.
- Che cosa pensa il creative director di Bloomberg Businessweek, Richard Turley, dello stato attuale della fotografia (btw, quella sotto è la nuova Leica T):
We’re at ‘peak photographer’ at the moment. […] I don’t see that’s much different from the endless stream of boring fashion pictures, boring travel pictures, boring still lifes of food that are commissioned by magazines, ad agencies, marketing firms. For every Juergen Teller there are a million Terry Richardsons. So let’s just stop. Or just use what’s there already. Or at least think about it.
- I caffè delle ultime due settimane:
- Zabar’s Special Blend Coffee, a casa mia.
- Cotecaga (Rwanda) by Tonx, a casa mia.
L’imperdibile inchiesta sul caffè di Bernardo Iovene per Report, sulla Rai.
- E infine: